MidNite Solar Brat Charge Controller
The MidNite Solar Brat Charge Controller is small and lightweight. It's great for use in small off-grid mobile RVs and Campers. It can be used with a 12 or 24 volt battery bank as a pico-back up system. Great for charging communication devices and running essential lights.
The MidNite Solar Brat Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) controller is an amazing little controller. We are currently testing our Brat with our 12 Volt system and one Flooded Deep Cycle, 12 V battery. Here's a small list of why we love the Brat:
- It can support either a 12 or 24 volt Flooded, Gel or AGM battery bank.
- It can charge either as a 20 Amp charger with a 10 Amp load control or as a 30 Amp charger with no load.
- It can accept up to 60 VDC, which means it is able to be connected to a 60 Cell module with a Volts Max Power (VMP) of ~ 29VDC (these modules are drasically cheaper per Watt than 12V nominal panels).
- Features Bulk, Absorb, Float, and an adjustable Equalization option.
- LED lights inform you of the state of charge (Bulk, Absorb, Load On and Low Battery).
- It has a small profile.
- Simple and quick wiring.
Check out our Off Grid N Movin Blog post and see how we're using the Brat as a component in our Pico-Battery-Backup-System to charge our communication devices, run 12 Volt lights, a router, and small fans.