All American Sun Oven Solar Cooker
If you live off-grid or plan to, you should own a solar cooker. You may not use it everyday, but it is great for cooking with natural resources and being a little more sustainable. And that's what its all about.
Solar cookers are great for Emergency Preparedness, but we use ours to reduce fuel costs/footprint. We have used a few different solar ovens on our homestead in the past, mostly home-made, with some success. However, when our All American Sun Oven was delivered, we were impressed.
Why we like the Sun Oven:
- Easy to store, move and set up.
- Fold out reflectors to capture the suns rays.
- Equipped with an adjustable leg and a focusing cube to ensure your oven is situated in the best angle for optimum cooking.
- Leveling tray inside the oven moves and allows you to adjust the Sun Oven without spilling liquids.
- Reaches 350 - 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake, boil, or steam food.
- Dehydrate food.
- Water purification.
You can cook quickly with the Sun Oven by moving it every half hour or so to follow the sun. It can also be used as a slow cooker by setting it for the mid-day sun and letting your meal cook more slowly and evenly over the course of the entire morning/afternoon. We have never burned anything in our Sun Oven...can't say that about our gas stove top!
We not only like the Sun Oven because its easy to use and practical, but we also just love cooking with it. It gives our meals a whole new flavor that we thoroughly enjoy.